Saturday, January 29, 2011

What Do Reactive Lymphocytes Mean

78th Madness: The Wheel of Time, Volume 1


Formerly, the Lord of Darkness wanted to conquer the land, but the Aes Sedai, Master of the One Power, have rejected. Millennia have passed and the Lord will finally out of his jail, and with it, evil, war, desolation, ... Only the Dragon
which guided the Aes Sedai can destroy it. It is said that one day he will rise again to deliver the universe. But when? Before the great final catastrophe?


This is a saga which I had heard for a while, I could see the volumes in store without daring to venture into. And then there 's some time I had the opportunity to have multiple volumes for not much, so I jumped at the chance. When I saw that LC was organized to read the first volume, I jumped at the opportunity, and voila.
First we can say it's well written, the style is nice, it was a good idea of what may look like the characters I found. The story has potential, we want to know what will happen, what will happen to our "hero", and above all I found the original idea of having a mixed group, with characters which "should not" be there, who did not want to be there, some which have all the trouble to support themselves, characters past and mysterious intentions ...
It therefore follows several characters, mainly Rand, Mat and Perrin, who seem to be sought by evil creatures. They will run away from home so as not to put their relatives at risk, and this first volume tells us is their escape along with other characters sometimes mysterious as Moiraine and Lan ...
emphasis is placed on Rand, one of the young people who are the source / cause of the whole story is a character that we feel have a potential hero, but for now we can not say that the development ...
Mat is the "joker", "unconscious" of the group, who tired quickly, so he does not think about the consequences of his words or his actions ...
Perrin is more thoughtful, and as he said himself, he often passes for "slow" because it takes time to weigh its decisions.
I would not talk too much Moiraine and Lan not to say too much, but they are perhaps the most interesting characters ...
Ultimately, this is not a favorite, it was nice, although sometimes I am forced to go a bit further in my reading. The problem is that the pace is slow, it is very slow during the first 100 pages, where nothing happens, then it accelerates a little later and say they will finally be some action, but in reality this is not much faster, although at times it has some minor peaks of action.
For cons, I was reading like seeing things seen in books much more recent and "The Great Devastation" reminds me a lot to the "Desert Bubbly" by Ken Scholes in his saga of the Psalms of Isaak the "Aes-Sedai" me in a way that think of "the Confessor" and "Mord-Sith" by Terry Goodkind in The Sword of Truth ... I do not know if these authors were inspired indirectly by Jordan, or if these are only coincidences, and ultimately does not matter.
was therefore a first volume on which my opinion is somewhat mixed, yet I would read very probably result in still hoping a little more action ...
Lu Commune with Reading: Lisalor , BlackWolf , karline05 , LefsÖ , Melisende

0 comments:

Post a Comment